Our juniors section plays a very prominent role in the golf club - offering a pathway for younger members from cadet, to course cadet and full junior status.
With over 60 members of the section we have players ranging from Derbyshire representatives to complete beginners, all are made welcome and given support to enjoy and progress their game.
Our cadets are:
- Coached by our qualified professional team on Tuesday evenings
- Supported by a group of DBS-checked club volunteers
- Provided with clubs and equipment for taster and coaching sessions
- Play competitive golf on Sunday afternoons and have the opportunity to represent the club in the Golf Foundation GolfSixes league
By taking part in our cadet coaching programme, young people:
- Have the opportunity to play on our Academy Course to gain a Cadet handicap and take part in some competitions
- Develop the life skills of determination, character, resilience, honesty and integrity
- Learn about etiquette, a right and wrong way to do things
Our cadets take their first steps on our six-hole Academy Course. Their progress is continually assessed by our professional team and, on reaching a single figure academy handicap, they progress to play six hole competitions on the main course.
Cadets play for summer and winter Order of Merit [OOM] trophies as well as receiving awards at presentation events where we celebrate not just competitive successes but also the development of life skills.
For Juniors with a CONGU handicap, there is a fixture list which includes five major trophies, additional stableford events, and an ongoing order of merit throughout the season.
Junior members with a CONGU handicap of 18 of lower can apply to enter into men’s or ladies competitions.
Our juniors enjoy an annual awards evening with recognition for attitude, skills and medal competitions plus certificates of achievement for results outside of the club.
Our club has adopted the Golf Passport scheme through the Golf Foundation, providing a structured approach to golf coaching and education.