It is appreciated that members will be interested to know the current situation, this is as detailed below.
Following the advert for the above position C.G.C. received some 45 applications.
- These were reviewed in detail and a selection was made for first interview, these will be completed next week
- Final interviews will take place before the end of May
- Details of the appointment will be published as soon as possible afterwards.
- Depending on notice periods etc it is hoped the new person will be at C.G.C. within the following 3 months.
- During this interim period Mr Steve Warne has been appointed acting Course Manger with Mr Wain Cooper continuing his role of Deputy Head Greenkeeper
Acting Green Sub Committee Chairman
Mark Crossley's Departure
At the last Social, Mark was presented with a set of Waterproofs as a parting gift from the Club.
Mark has written the following in E-Bulletin:
I wish to thank you all for the gift of Waterproofs I received at the last Captains Social. I must say it was very unexpected but very much appreciated, thank you.
I would also like to thank those of you who have sent me good wishes for the future and have expressed their praise on the golf course condition, we know there is still work to be done and this is in hand.
I close by wishing you all a good golfing Season,