- Provide a new dimension to golf at the club over the winter period.
- Each week a competition will run from Monday to Sunday.
- The format will be singles stableford and games can be played any day of the week.
- Any game can count so long as the game is played to competition rules.
- If multiple games are played, only 1 scorecard (the best!) can be submitted.
- Weekly divisional prizes will be awarded to the leading scores.
- Each player will be issued a winter handicap that is adjusted based on playing
- Weekly scores are aggregated into a league table. (Over 18 weeks, only the best 12 scores count for each player)
- Winter league divisional prizes will be awarded to the leading scores at the end of the winter season.
How it will work
The Gents Winter League is open to all members who register their intention to take part by Sunday, October 29th.
- Registration will be via the PSI terminal in the Pro’s Shop, a registration fee of £5 will be debited from a member’s competition purse.
- The format is singles stableford played over 18 holes.
- The league will run for 18 weeks commencing on 6th November, a schedule will be published.
- Each week a new competition will be opened and scores may be entered from 12 noon on Wednesday through to 5pm on Sunday. (Monday & Tuesday are needed for administration)
- Rounds can be played on any day of the week but score entry is restricted to the timings above.
- Only one scorecard can be submitted each week so a player must decide which card to submit if multiple rounds have been played in a week. Once a card is submitted it cannot be withdrawn.
- Scores will only be accepted if entered via the PSI terminal in the gent’s locker room.
- There will be a competition fee of £1 automatically debited from a player’s competition purse when a scorecard card is submitted.
- Weekly prizes will be awarded to the winning scores in each division.
- All registration & competition fees will be paid out in prizes.
- There will be 2 divisions 0-15 handicap and 16-28 handicap.
- When a player registers he will be allocated a “winter handicap” which will initially be the same as his CONGU handicap, from thereon a player’s winter handicap will be adjusted based on weekly playing performance. This will not affect a player’s official CONGU handicap.
- Winter handicaps will be adjusted using CGC Winter League rules. For each point, better than CSS a reduction of 0.7 will be made (capped at 4 shots) and for each point, less than CSS an increase of 0.2 up to a maximum of 1 full shot will be made.
- Winter handicap adjustments will be published each week along with the competition results.
- Each week’s score will be aggregated but only the best 12 weekly scores will be included in the overall winter league standings.
- Each week the previous weeks result and overall league table positions will be published.
- Although a player’s weekly division may change based on weekly handicap reviews, a player will remain in his original division for the overall winter league competition.
- When playing competitions such as Pros Comps, Wednesday/Friday fiddles, a winter league card should be filled in separately and the winter handicap used.