Update 19th October
Work to lay new carpets and dance floor in the clubhouse is going well and on schedule to be completed by the end of next week.
However, an enforced change to the order of work means some inconvenience for members this weekend, as the main bar area will be inaccessible.
Access to the snug will be possible through the male locker rooms.
Access to the dining area will be possible through the balcony patio doors and club entrance near the ladies’ changing rooms.
Update - 24 Sep
Work begins today to redecorate the clubhouse as part of a revamp which will later include the fitting of new carpets.
As previously advised, this will result in some disruption to clubhouse access, but we’re doing all that we can to keep this to an absolute minimum.
With limited on-site storage space, we’ve had to use the snooker room to store furniture while painting in the restaurant and bar area takes place.
This is likely to be closed for the next two weeks. We’ll update you as soon as we are in a position where we can re-open it.
A few people have asked about Tuesday night dining arrangements. This will go ahead as usual, with meals served in the bar area.
Work to redecorate and re-carpet the clubhouse will begin next week (w/c 24th September 2018).
The clubhouse will remain open throughout. Inevitably, the work will lead to some disruption, but members of the house and social subcommittee have worked hard to keep this to an absolute minimum and to maintain access where ever possible.
Details of the works are below. Obviously, timings are subject to change, but hopefully the guidance will be useful:
Monday 24 September to Thursday 27 September:
- Dining room redecoration
- Access to ladies changing room through dining room not possible and dining room unavailable.
Tuesday 2 October to Friday 5 October:
- Bar/lounge and corridor redecoration
- Whilst the corridor is being done there will be access through the male changing room and for ladies the rear entrance.
- Whilst the bar/lounge is being decorated, bar service will be in the snug (men) and the dining room (ladies).
Thursday 18 October and Friday 19 October:
- Carpet laid in the dining room and corridor.
- Access to the bar/lounge through the male changing room and patio door.
Monday 22 October to Friday 26 October:
- Carpet and dance floor laid in bar/lounge.
- Bar/lounge unavailable. Bar service in dining room (ladies) and snug (men) – access from respective changing rooms.
Monday 29 October and Tuesday 30 October:
- Possible finalising of work in the bar/lounge.
Thank you for your patience during the work. I’ll keep you up-to-date should the schedule change.
I’m sure we're all looking forward to a fantastic clean look for our clubhouse facilities.
We’re about to invest in a clubhouse re-vamp to improve the experience for members and visitors.
The foyer, lounge and dining room areas will be re-carpeted.
The dance floor area will also be moved to a more central position in front of the area where bands regularly play.
We’re also currently assessing quotations fore redecoration of these areas.
It is planned that the decorators will start in October and as soon as they are finished the carpets will be laid.
Hopefully if all goes to plan it should be finished in time for the Annual Dinner Dance.
Further information will be communicated to you as and when it is available.