This year the Captains' Drive-In is following the same format as the one planned last year that unfortunately had to be cancelled due to the “Beast from the East”. Hopefully the weather will be kinder this year and the event will go ahead as planned. The format of the event will be the traditional drive off, but this will be followed by a Texas Scramble - Shotgun start any gender competition for teams of 4 players.
The Captain & Ladies Captain will team up with the Past Captain & Past Ladies Captain and players are asked to welcome the Captains onto the 10th tee to witness their tee shots. The Past Captains will “Drive-out” followed by the Captains who will “Drive-In”, measurement of tee shots will take place (as players head off to their selected tees), and there will be the customary opportunity to guess the distance the tee shots travelled on a sheet in the Pro Shop beforehand.
A competition sign-up sheet will be posted in the foyer on Sunday, 24th February at 12 Noon.
Below is a summary of the event:
- Captains welcomed onto the 10th tee at 12:45 pm
- Captains drive off the 10th tee - Shots then measured
- Players go to their selected tee ready for a shotgun start at 1:15 pm
- Teams of 4 (Any Gender Combination), Ladies receive 4 adjusted strokes
- Stroke Play, 1/10th of combined handicap (exact)
- A minimum of 4 tee shots per player must be used
- Prize giving in the clubhouse after the game
Hot roast cobs with roast potatoes will be available after the game at a cost of £4pp, please indicate whether you wish to take food by filling in the box on the entry sheet.
The Captains hope you will support and enjoy this event which will launch their year and raise money for their chosen charities - British Heart Foundation and NSPCC.
Kind Regards, Competitions Committee