This year the Captains' Drive-In is going to be different, there will be the traditional drive off, but this will be followed by a Texas Scramble - Shotgun start any gender competition for teams of 4 players.
The Captain & Ladies Captain will team up with the Past Captain & Past Ladies Captain and players are asked to welcome the Captains onto the 1st tee and to witness their tee shots. The Past Captains will “Drive-out” followed by the Captains who will “Drive-In”, measurement of tee shots will take place (as players head off to their selected tees), and there will be the customary opportunity to guess the distance the tee shots travelled on a sheet in the Pro Shop beforehand.
A competition sign-up sheet will be posted in the foyer on Sunday, 4th February at 12 Noon.
- Below is a summary of the event
- Captains welcomed onto the 1st tee at 9:30am
- Captains drive off the 1st tee - Shots then measured
- Players go to their selected tee ready for a shotgun start at 10am
- Teams of 4 (Any Gender Combination), Ladies receive 4 adjusted strokes
- Stroke Play, 1/10th of combined handicap (exact)
- A minimum of 4 tee shots per player must be used
- Prize giving in the clubhouse after the game
- Snacks in the clubhouse after the game
The Captains hope you will support and enjoy this event which will launch their year and raise money for their chosen charities.